Fresh Summer Pasta from 'At the Cookery'


Our Naptime M.O.Ms Cook Contributing Foodie ~ Miranda from ‘At the Cookery’ Blog

I love pasta. Kind of like an obsession, but I don't like heavy pasta recipes in the summer. Especially on days like yesterday where it was 104' at one point.

I decided to make a pasta primavera recipe that I had. I have had this recipe for so long I don't even remember where I got it from. :)  It's very easy and CHOCK FULL of yummy summer veggies. I love saying that "chock full"....just fun.


Pasta Primavera
1 1/2 cups rotini pasta **I would use more if you have a larger family**
1 T. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped bell peppers, yellow and red work well
3/4 cup low fat evaporated milk
1/2 cup chicken broth **I did not have chicken on hand so I used vegetable broth**
2 T. all purpose flour
1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan Cheese **I usually buy a small block of parm cheese and shred it myself, TONS cheaper

1. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and return to pan; cover.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add veggies; cook and stir until tender. About 4 minutes.
3. Whisk milk, broth and flour in a small bowl. Add to skillet, stirring until thick and bubbly. Mix in cheese until melted.
4. Toss pasta with sauce and veggies.
This recipe is so easy to make and so fast you won't believe it! Enjoy. 



**Saving time tip: I did all my chopping while my daughter was taking her morning nap and just stuck the bowl in the fridge until I was ready to cook.


Miranda is a certified M.O.M of two making the most of Naptime!  She will be a regular weekly contributor for all of you to enjoy easy, family friendly meals perfect to prep during a nap!  You can follow Miranda and enjoy many other meal discoveries on her blog At The Cookery....

Thanks Miranda for this delicious recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment