Downtime?.... that term escapes me!

I know what you are thinking... downtime? What is that and how do I get some!  

As a mom, wife, friend, business owner, it's hard to come by, but also can be your decision to take and make that 'downtime' happen. 

Like on the page description for these upcoming posts PLEASE READ AGAIN :

DownTime: break, breath, breather, breathing place, breathing space,breathing spell, breathing time, cigarette break, cocktail hour,coffee break, enforced respite, half time, half-time intermission, halt, happy hour, holiday, interim, interlude, intermezzo, intermission, intermittence, interregnum, interruption, interval, letup, lull, off-time, pause, plateau, point of repose, quiet spell, recess, relief, respite, rest, resting point, spell, stay, surcease, suspension, tea break, time off, time out,vacation

Ahhh, now doesn't just reading those words relax you?   My favorite is 'breathing time', I definitely need some of that.   


On my journey and travels managing being a M.O.M (master of multitasking), I rely on many quick, easy reading, navigating, and helpful sites to get things done in the shortest amount of time, that's just me.  I'm not a 'shopper' in stores.  If I go to a store, I know what I need ahead of time and do not, repeat, do not shop aisle-by-aisle or rack-by-rack to find what I need.  Maybe it's the 'mom' in me to get in and get out before a meltdown or I'm buying what I don't need mentality, but I think that is just how I've always been anyway.


I've met, networked and have come across some AMAZING sites out there and will be sharing their expertise, specialties and one-stop ways their site will be added to your 'favorites' button when you open your web browser.  Sites to help with home, family and business. True sites dedicated to the M.O.M in all of us.


More to come and know....  take advantage of your 'Downtime' because you can make it exist.


Here's a new way a friend of mine just told me to 'Relax'.  Apparently their is a Riesling Wine called Relax out there.  So, I think with this holiday weekend approaching, I may just learn to master this 'Relax'ing in my downtime!!!  Who's with me?




If you have any 'downtime' expertise feel free to comment or email: m.o.mblog@ktsteppers.com and we will help feature and share the wealth of knowledge!


1 comment:

  1. Downtime does seem pretty elusive for us M.O.M.s. It takes discipline to create it but we need to make sure to claim it when it's possible. That can mean napping when the little guy naps, reading a blog or magazine article (for FUN, not work)for 15 minutes instead of folding laundry, doing a 15-minute meditation or relaxation exercise before bed, whatever works. I like the term "pause" listed above. I think of downtime as putting our hectic lives on pause and just being in the moment of whatever brings us peace and calm.

    Ahh, time to press play again...

    ReplyDelete